You might have been utilizing your grill in many succulent ways. In fact, many recipes could have come off as time-consuming; as a matter of fact, you could have even searched for a quick-fire recipe that tastes awesome at the same time. The Russian classic, Eggplant Caviar is one such recipe that can tickle your taste buds and can be prepared in a jiffy. Eggplant Caviar is a smoothly broiled eggplant garnished with olive oil, dill, and chopped onion. It is best served in a pita or as a dip to add a tinge of flavor to your bread.
1. What you will need
– Grab 2 purple globe eggplants, ideally one and a half pounds each.
– Two plum tomatoes that are seeded and finely chopped.
– For garnishing, ¼ cup of roughly chopped fresh parsley would suffice.
– For the irresistible essence of lemon, one and a half teaspoons of lemon juice would make your day.
– For seasoning, coarse salt and freshly ground pepper could be taken in quantities that fit your taste.
– As mentioned, Eggplant Caviar goes best with bread or when served atop a pita, you will be required to grab some of them for serving.
– And not to forget some extra-virgin olive oil.
2. Time required
Ideally, Eggplant Caviar requires a preparation time of 5 minutes before going into the real cooking game which in turn takes up about 45 minutes worth of wait before you can finally feed your taste buds.
3. The Procedure
Brush the eggplants cut lengthwise with extra-virgin olive oil. With cut side facing downward, grill till the eggplants appear brown and are cooked inside-out. This should take not more than 10 minutes.
Allow to cool down, place in a non-reactive dish and peel away the outer skin that has been blackened.
Pureeing and serving
In a food processor, place eggplant flesh in a bowl and let it run with pulses until the contents are apparently pureed.
With that done, transfer the contents to a larger bowl or dish. Now is the time for playing with the other ingredients. Grab those onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, parsley, salt, pepper and olive oil(the most important of them all). Stir in onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil – incorporating all these ingredients as it pleases your taste buds. Parsley can be used for garnishing.
The recipe is ready to serve. It is recommended that the serving goes warm or at room temperature with a pita or bread.
The special package that comes with Eggplant Caviar is that that it is brilliant and vegan. Those vegan folks can sit back and relax with this exquisite dish. Also, Eggplant Caviar could easily serve as a dip for several occasions, in case that was not enough.
So, it is not worth waiting to get your hands on this simple yet incredible recipe. Prepare your grills and rush to the grocery store to get some eggplants and cook yourself some magic!